How to Earn Money from Digital Marketing?
It's all over Instagram and TikTok and everyone is talking about being a Freelance Online Digital Marketer?
So what is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is the practice of promoting products, services, or brands using the internet and electronic devices, like smartphones and computers. Think of it as advertising, but online.
At its core, digital marketing refers to advertising and promoting products, services, and brands using online platforms and electronic devices. Think of traditional marketing like TV commercials, billboards, and radio ads, but now on the internet, mobile phones, and other digital mediums.
Why is it important?
Today, people spend a significant amount of time online—whether it's on social media, shopping sites, reading news, watching videos, or more. Hence, businesses want to be where the consumers are: online. Digital marketing allows businesses to reach their target audience more efficiently and often more cost-effectively than traditional means.
The Significance of Web-Based Advertising
Today's consumers are deeply embedded in buying online, whether they're browsing niche social platforms, engaging in online retail therapy, or consuming digital content trends. Hence, to be where the consumers are, businesses invest in online brand strategies, such as offering affiliate programs to get you to advertise for them.
Main Channels of Digital Marketing:
- Social Media: Using social channels to promote and position a brand and their products. Promoting products or services on platforms like Instagram, Tiktok, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn, Threads, Lemon8, and niche networks are key.
- Websites: This digital cornerstone for businesses. They're not just about information; they're essential for lead generation and digital sales conversion.
- Search Engine Optimization or SEO: This isn't just about being visible; it's about dominating digital search real estate. Platforms like Google rely on effective SEE to rank sites.
- Cost-Per-Click Advertising: An approach where brands invest in digital ad spaces on high-traffic sites. Google Ads remains a leader here.
- Content Driven Marketing: This isn't just about content; it's about value-centric digital storytelling. From in-depth blogs to interactive video sessions, this approach is all about user engagement.
- Email Marketing: Directly sending curated, value-packed digital newsletters and offers to users' email. This is where learning how to offer a free lead magnet and using landing pages to collect email addresses is so important.
- Affiliate Branding: A commission-based approach where digital brand ambassadors promote a product or service.
- Digital Reputation Management: Ensuring a brand's online credibility remains intact and positively perceived.
Advantages to Businesses of Using Affiliate Referral Programs
- They can target their market more precisely: Tailored campaigns for specific digital demographics. The brands are able to leverage your following and your reputation to sell their products while paying you a piece of the commission.
- They have Data-Driven Metrics: Real-time tracking of digital user journeys and behavior. They are able to tell where their traffic is coming from and who is purchasing what from where.
- It is more adaptable: Flexibility to tweak online campaigns based on instant feedback for both the affiliate and the company. It is in both of their best interests because they are both making money.
- Interactive Engagement: Crafting user-centric digital experiences for enhanced engagement.
- Budget-Friendly Branding: Often more affordable for the brand than traditional means, with a broader yet more precise reach even paying high commissions. Remember, brands are relying on the trust factor that you have built with your audience through social media posts and website content or blog posts.
Online brand promotion, also known as digital marketing, is the backbone of 21st-century brand strategies. As the digital landscape evolves, understanding and harnessing its potential becomes indispensable for modern businesses and individuals who want to get in on this multi-billion dollar industry.
Now that you understand that affiliate marketing is a system where you promote products/services for brands and earn a commission for every sale or action (like a sign-up) made through your referral link, let's look at the exact steps you take to make money online as an affiliate for brands.
Steps to Making Money as an Online Affiliate for Brands
Want a step by step guide to walk you through each step? Get started for free with the Wealthy Affiliate Website and Program.
Choose a Niche: Start by focusing on a specific topic or industry you're passionate about. This will guide which brands or products you'll promote.
Join Affiliate Programs: Many companies offer affiliate programs. You can start with popular platforms like Amazon Associates, ClickBank, or ShareASale, JVZoo, AWin, CJAffiliate and more. Sign up, and once approved, you'll get a unique referral link to track your sales.
Create Content: Use platforms like blogs, YouTube, or social media to share valuable content about your niche. This could be product reviews, tutorials, or insights.
Integrate Affiliate Links: Embed your referral links within your content. Ensure it feels natural and not too salesy. Always disclose to your audience that you're using affiliate links.
Drive Traffic: Use SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to help your content rank on search engines, share your content on social media, and consider email marketing to engage your audience.
Earn Commission: When someone clicks your referral link and makes a purchase, you'll earn a commission. The amount varies by brand and product.
Track & Optimize: Most affiliate programs offer dashboards to see which links are performing best. Use this data to refine your strategy.
Stay Updated: Brands may offer promotions or new products. Being in the loop helps you provide timely content to your audience.
Maintain Trust: Always promote products you believe in. Authenticity ensures long-term success in affiliate marketing.
Yes you can make a lot of money very quickly but you do have to put in the work and get everything set up so remember, patience is key! It might take time to see significant income, but with consistency and quality content, affiliate marketing can be a lucrative online venture. The average salary for affiliate marketers is $150K annually, not bad for something you can do as a side gig.
How to Get Started as an Online Digital Marketer
After researching lots of options including Legendary and trying in on my own (and trying to piece together all the steps), I signed up for Wealthy Affiliate for free. It has all the tools to help you get started and is free for the first 30 days to see if it is a good fit for you. After that, it's as low at $42 a month for the premium plan (and you get to be an Affiliate for it too $$$)! Here's the link to get started!
Stay in the loop!
Get free expert insights and tips to grow your knowledge business sent right to your inbox